Call for Consultancy to Provide Legislative Drafting Services
Consultancy to Provide Legislative Drafting Services
The Centre for Applied Legal Research (CALR) seeks to recruit a legislative drafting expert (individual consultant) to provide legislative drafting support services under an on-going initiative.
Under the overall supervision and direction of CALR’s Research and Advisory Unit and subject to the approval by the Attorney-General, the Expert will:
- Conduct necessary legal research, in coordination with relevant stakeholders;
- Attend and participate in assigned meetings with relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare & submit draft and final versions of the draft legislation/regulations; and
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Hold at least a Bachelor of Laws Degree and post-graduate qualifications in Law (preferably in legislative drafting)
- Must have professional training in legislative drafting
- Have at least 15 years of professional experience regarding rule of law and governance sector reforms – and within the field of legislative drafting and policy development
- Drafting experience related to governance and human rights will be an added advantage
- Fluent oral and writing skills in English is required.
- Strong understanding of the rule of law, including general familiarity with constitutional and institutional reforms in Zimbabwe
- Knowledge and experience with government initiatives is highly desirable
- Possess strong work ethic characterized by the desire to achieve results
- Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment, respond rapidly to ad hoc requests, and meet tight deadlines
- High levels of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Suitably qualified applicants can submit their applications and CVs to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is 3 December 2019 at 16:00 Hours